The 24th edition of the Herculis Meeting Monaco is the last event before the European Championship in Barcelona and African Championship in Nairobi. With a long history behind it, Herculis is a key event, marked by remarkable performances such as the 3 world records achieved on the Louis II Stadium track.
Herculis Monaco is taking on a new challenge with its entry into the extremely closed circuit of the IAAF Diamond League, an elite circuit consisting of 14 host cities across the world, from the United States to Asia, passing through Europe and the Middle East, and bringing together the top athletes of the moment. Building on its many years of experience, an unforgettable competition undoubtedly awaits us again this year.
This year, Monaco is proud to announce the participation of Tyson Gay, the world’s 2nd fastest 100 m sprinter and the 3rd fastest 200m sprinter of all times. This year he became the first man to break the 3 sprint barriers: 10.00 in the 100m, 20.00 in the 200m and 45.00 in the 400m!
The following will also be present:
- the Diamond League ambassador, Barbora Spotakova, Olympic champion and javelin world record holder;
- French athletes Martial M’Bandjock in the 200m, Mickael Hanany in the high-jump, Vanessa Boslak in the pole vault and Teresa Nzola Meso in the triple jump;
- Shelly-Ann Fraser, 100m world champion in Berlin and Olympic champion in the 4x100m in Beijing;
- Valérie Vili, world champion and Olympic champion in shot putting;
- Yaroslav Rybakov, world champion in Berlin in the high-jump;
- Lolo Jones, double champion in the 60m indoor hurdles, headliner this year in the 100m hurdles.
In addition to the competition, for the past 20 years Herculis has been the only meeting in the world to organise 1000m races open to all, on the same track as the champions, with giant screens, official electronic performance times, a medal for the first 3 and invitations to attend the meeting.
Don’t miss the pole vaulters from the Herculis Perche Tour during their promotion tour on the beaches of Nice, Fréjus, Cagnes-sur-Mer and Monaco.
All are welcome to come and celebrate world athletics at the Herculis event in the Louis II Stadium on Thursday 22nd July 2010 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
Tickets are on sale: see details on www.herculis.com