36th International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo
from 19th to 29th January 2012
Press Release n°3
From 19th to 29th January 2012, circus lovers will be gathering together in the Principality to celebrate the 36th edition of the International Circus Festival of Monte Carlo. And the Organising Committee has spared no effort to offer them an extremely dynamic Festival featuring:
- The Varanne, French artists, an original and outstanding daredevil motorcycle act: it takes place inside a 3.5 metre diameter globe made of metal rings. The audience will be taking part in a world record, since 6 motorcyclists will be riding around the cage;
- The Pilar Duo (France) have chosen another means of locomotion... roller skates, giving a highly rhythmical performance – an unforgettable dance routine on a table featuring breathtaking feats;
- As for the Strong Men, from Mongolia, they have decided to perform a juggling act using metal balls, each weighing over 20 kilos! They will be accompanied by a team of floor acrobats;
But the Festival also turns the spotlight on animals...of all shapes and sizes!
- The Probst (Germany) perform a country style animal act featuring farm animals: donkeys, goats, pigs and cockerels will be having a field day in Fontvieille’s famous ring. A second number will feature 21 ponies, a world first: never before have so many ponies appeared together in a circus ring and this is a truly spectacular performance, knowing the capricious character of these animals.
- Last but by no means least, the king of animals will also be joining the festival with Goncharov (Ukraine), a lion tamer whose work is remarkable. The audience will be able to admire 10 lions (including 8 males) in a number accompanied by the spellbinding melody of swing music. This highly choreographed performance is accentuated by gentle and tender undertones.
For many years, Goncharov has been fighting to improve the living conditions of circus animals for their utmost well-being.
For all the latest news on the Festival log onto: www.montecarlofestival.mc
Online: www.montecarlofestival.mc or www.France-billet.com and FNAC
NEW GENERATION - 4th and 5th February 2012.
By fax: +377 92 05 26 22
By phone: +377 92 05 23 45
On site: The circus box office is open in the Big Top in Fontvieille from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.
By mail: please send your order together with a cheque in euros or the number of your credit card to:
Monte-Carlo Festival - Avenue des Ligures - MC 98000 MONACO